What is S.H.A.C.?
A SHAC is a group of individual representatives from segments of the community, generally appointed by the school district to serve at the district level. Members are approved for a three year term. They provide advice on coordinated school health programming and its impact on student health and learning.
What is included in a coordinated school health program (CSHP)?
The components of a coordinated school health program include:
- Family and community involvement
- Nutrition services
- Physical education
- Health education (including sexuality education)
- Counseling, psychological and social services
- Health services
- Healthy school environment
- Health promotion for school staff